The date is set for groundbreaking on Clear Water Cove. We will convene on Tuesday April 22nd at Clear Water to celebrate. Let me know if you would like to attend. It’s going to be amazing because it’s the beginning of a huge game changer for Younglife in Arkansas and you will probably see me cry. (Ha ha, so that’s worth the trip all by itself.)
- Could Teachers be the answer to get more Young Life in more towns? We already have two teachers (Zach and Pam) in Mulberry Arkansas leading the charge there. We also have Aaron in Fort Smith. He’s is on Teacher staff and leads club at Ft. Smith Southside. We lost our area director in Helena W. Helena but now having 3 teachers stepping up to be Jesus with skin on.
- A Young Life committee has been formed in Benton County. Money has been raised and a leadership team is being formed to start club at Bentonville high. (A huge answered prayer.)
- Our first Capernaum club in Little Rock (YL’s ministry to kids with disabilities).
If you give monthly to my account by credit card would you please check your Younglife account? If you’ve changed your credit cards in the last 6 months, I’ve learned that may not have received a notice from YounglIfe letting you know that you need to update your account online. If you need any assistance, please let me know.
Barbara and I are taking this Sunday through Thursday off. We have some dear friends (Kirk and Yulia) that are graciously allowing us to use their lake house for some down time. We are going to do our best to unplug for a while. (It’s much needed for both of us.)
- Please pray for all of our leaders as they recruit kids for summer camp.
- Pray for success as we move YL college club at UALR from Sunday nights to Tuesday nights.
- Pray for adult interest to start Young Life in Jonesboro. (If you know someone please let me know.)
Thought for the day out of Luke 17: 11-19
Ten lepers stand at a distance from Jesus and ask him to have mercy on them. All 10 are healed but only one comes back to thank Jesus. All 10 received mercy. God is so merciful to all of us every day, even in the midst of all the crazy evil going on in the world we can see God’s grace. The difference is in returning to Jesus to offer your praise and thankfulness. Let me put it this way, 10 received mercy but only 1 received a relationship.
I’m so grateful for all of you.
With deepest affection,